Thursday, January 17, 2008

A frazzled first week (and it isn't even over yet!)

My first week back at Hogwarts has been hectic to say the least. I had forgotten how aggressive the study schedule was, and now I am trying to juggle school, family and work all at the same time. Monday night I was so engrossed in my potions homework assignment from Proff. Black that I neglected to check the Ravenclaw common room board and didn’t find out about our quiz until the next day. Yesterday I woke up with a bit of a chest cold and decided to stay home and rest. I had planned to use the day off to work on the quiz, but I turned on my muggle computer and fell asleep before it had ….what is the term…booted on? Anyway I did not have the energy to read the blogs of my fellow Ravenclaws. I am hoping to get it done tomorrow. I am so scandalized that I have not yet started the quiz, when usually I am right on top of things like that.
I have decided to use the Sock swap to my advantage at School as well. I am going to use the project as an objective experience in muggle knitting. I am not going to use magic to knit the bag, but I will use my hands in the way that muggles do. This, I feel, will give me greater insight into how the muggles live without the use of magic. I am also planning on trying my hand at some muggle embroidery for the kit as well. I only hope it turns out well. I am pretty skilled at magical embroidery and I can’t seem to figure out how the muggles ever find the time to work on projects such as these.
Well I better get back to work. I am going to stop by the hospital wing tonight and see if I can get some of Madame Pomfrey’s pepper pot solution. That should do the trick! Emma

No comments: