Friday, July 18, 2008
1. When Hagrid returns to Hogwarts after being sent to see the giants with Madame Maxime, Professor Umbridge questions him on his late return to school. She suspects that Hagrid had been to the mountains, but where does he tell her he has been?
d. South of France
2. Professor Umbridge comes to Hagrid's Hut and searches his cabin one evening (as she believes Harry, Ron and Hermione are there visiting him at night when they are not supposed to). When she walks past the place where Harry, Ron and Hermione are hiding under the Invisibility Cloak, Harry holds his breath. True or false?
3. A stately-looking witch in an emerald green shawl is one of the members of the Advance Guard who rescues Harry from Privet Drive. What is her name?
a. Emmeline Vance
4. What is the name of the witch who was killed two weeks after the photo of the original Order of the Phoenix was taken?
b. Marlene McKinnon
5. Which two fifth year Ravenclaw students does Dumbledore choose to be prefects?
d. Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil
6. Which house was Rose Zeller sorted into?
7. What is the color of Murtlap's essence?
8. Name the Ravenclaw girl who became prefect in Harry's fifth year.
b. Padma Patil
9. According to a healer's portrait at St. Mungo's hospital, which disease was Ron suffering from?
10. Which book did Harry give Hermione for Christmas?
a. "New Theory of Numberology"
Picture Scavenger Hunt
(Extra 5 pts - What movie will Robert Patterson star in this December?)Twilight
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Here are the pictures of the kit I sent to my Slytherin partner Daisy. I had a really fun time makeing the kit. I had the theme "Everything you need for a second term at Hogwarts" contents included
Yarn and knitting needles for Transfiguration
Sensantional knitted socks a.k.a. the standard book of spells grade 2
stitch markers for charms class
snake pendant as a defense against the dark arts amulet
milky way bars for those long nights in the astronomy tower
hand scrub and hand lotion-poitions of course
not pictured is a sprig of Heather for Herbology.
A hand sewn and quilted project bag with lots of pockets!!!
I painted the boxes and the snake and decoupaged the hogwarts crest on the trunk
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Grompton and I decided to take a little vacation over to the Keys to visit our Wizarding family. I sent out my package before I left and I was so happy to see that my owl arrived safely and Daisy liked her package. Whew! I am glad that is over with. I will have to see if I will be able to do the next term. It has been so hard this term. I feel like I have missed out on too much of the fun! I can hardly bear to think of not attending Hogwarts though. Maybe in the fall things will ease up with Grompton in full time wizarding elementary school.
Friday, July 4, 2008
I just need to finish wrapping up a few things and pack it up tight for our owl. I am going away next week and everyone knows that American Owls don't fly on July 4th so my dear husband will be sending our owl out to Daisy next week. I can not wait for her to get it. I really hope she likes it. I spent more than I initially budgeted for on the sock yarn, but in my opinion it is totally worth it. Most of the contents of the kit were either hand made or painted by me. I had so much fun doing it, but I am also glad to be finished.