Friday, January 25, 2008

Another week behind me

It was another very busy week for me. My advanced potions study is coming along very well. However the headmistess does not seem at all happy about a few of us trying to improve the potency of the butter beer provided here at Hogwarts. I saw Lucious Malfoy in the castle the other day. Apparently he is offering up a prize for a house contest they are having. After staring at him as long as I dared, I wondered to myself, why are all the hotties in Slytherin? Maybe I am just really intriged by the "bad boys". Good thing I married a Hufflepuff! Speaking of Slytherin, I found out the person spoiling me is in Slytherin. I am very excited, the ladies of Slytherin house seem to be very talented. I have been admiring some of their knitting projects and stitch markers. It is not the same Hogwarts as when I attened as a young girl. There finally seems to be a little more unity amoung the houses. I am sure this is what the founders had in mind when they started the houses.
I still need to purchase the sock yarn for my spoilee, I am awaiting some swatches that I have asked for. I know the brand of needles I would like to get for her, but I will hold off ordering until I know what size will best suit the yarn. I have decided on a pattern for her as well. I need to pick that up. I am planning on casting on the bag next week. I found the most wonderful Gryffendor colors. They are very rich looking I can't wait to start. I have been having so much fun getting all the things I need for spoiling. Since I am buying a pattern and spending the bulk of my budget on the sock yarn, I have decided to do a lot of handmade items for my spoilee. I would rather give her usefull items that will help her remember this fabulous term at Hogwarts, than fill the box with sweets.
I am getting very excited about our first round of Quidditch next week. My son Grompton is also very excited and wants to help me look for the snitch. Can you tell who his hero is? Emma

No comments: