Saturday, February 9, 2008

A weekend adventure

This weekend is the first Hogsmeade weekend of the term. Since I am a commuting student studying for an advanced degree, and my son Grompton has never been to Hogsmeade we decided to make a weekend of it. Rudolphus had to work late on Friday so he will be joining us later today. Grompton and I took a portkey last night and got our room in the three broomsticks. After a light dinner we head over to Madam Puddifoots for some tea and dessert. She is already decorated for Valentines day. Grompton had a lot of fun watching the cupids flying around. After a very enjoyable hour at Madam Puddifoots we took a leisurly stroll back to the three broomsticks. To my knowledge there is not an all magical villiage back in the USA so this is indeed a rare treat for Grompton. Having read to him the Harry Potter history books, he was very interested to see all of the places mentioned in them. I had a hard time explaining to him why we were NOT going into the Hogshead, especially at night. When we passed Honeydukes (which was closed for the evening) he stood there for about 10 minutes with his little nose pressed to the glass. I could see him trying to figure out what treats he would buy the next day. We finally made our way back to the inn, and after a few words with Madam Rosemerta we were off to bed. I am hoping to meet up with some of the other Ravenclaws tomorrow for a butterbeer. Rudolphus will meet us later in the afternoon. I will need all the help I can get when we take Grompton to Zonkos. I don't think the statement "don't touch that" will somehow be enough. Emma

No comments: