Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hey! Where did January go?

Another week seems to be whizzing by me! Unfortunately that also mean the weekends are going so fast too. This Saturday was the first time I played Quidditch rather than watched it. I had a lot of fun, but I don’t think being seeker is really the position for me. I didn’t seem to be looking in any of the right places. The snitch I must say was very cleverly hidden though.
Gryffendor found the Snitch and won the match. They are also in first place. This hit some of the Ravenclaws very hard. It is always disappointing, when you have tried your hardest and worked really hard, and it is just “bad luck” that you didn’t wind up wining. My son Grompton wanted to help me find the snitch but he and Rodolphus went out for haircuts and when they returned he was anxious to help me. He was very disappointed to know the game had ended so early. I was disappointed we lost, but glad it was over so quickly. I was able to use my time wisely and get the stitch markers done for my spoilee. They came out much better than I had imagined. The are on the big side, and hopefully she will not mind that. Personally I love to have a little “bling” hanging off my works in progress. I am also almost finished knitting the bag. I will felt it and have to decide on the design for the needle felting. I have an idea of what I want to do, but I will have to play with it until I get it just right.
Saturday evening I was writing a letter to our prefect for my owl to deliver when Grompton came over to ask what I was doing. When I told him I was writing to our prefect to try and cheer her up after the difficult day she was having, he asked why she was sad. I told him some of the Ravenclaws were upset about having lost the match. Yesterday when I picked him up from Hogwarts pre-school, he said he had made up a joke for me to tell the other Ravenclaws to help them cheer up. It was so very sweet of him. I couldn’t believe he was still thinking about it after all that time. The joke is below, it is not as good as the riddles our head girl sends us, but the sentiment is worth more than all the gold in Gringots.

Knock Knock?
Who’s there?
Scary Ghost.
Scary Ghost who?
Boo! Aww come on Raven claws cheer up!

7 comments:

Quinn said...

Hi Grompton! Thank you for the joke, it definitely helped me cheer up. You must be a Ravenclaw just like your mom :-)

Jade Bladvak said...

What a clever and sweet little guy that Grompton is!

Emma Diggory said...

I am glad you liked his joke :)He can't wait until he is old enough to attend Hogwarts himself. I see a lot of Ravenclaw in him already!

Anonymous said...

Aww, thank you, Grompton! Your joke made me smile. =)

Quite a bright young lad you've got there Emma...definitely taking after his mum. ;)

Neila said...

Ahhh...Grompton. You melt my heart! I definitely feel much better after the beating we took during Quidditch. The next game is dedicated to you!

Selina Starflame, 1st year Ravenclaw said...

Please tell Grompton that his joke cheered me and my little clone, Gaby immensely. We are currently in the sickroom with Hagrid due to horrible colds and we thank him for bringing us Ravenclaws some laughter.

Emma Diggory said...

Selina,
Sorry to hear you and Gaby are feeling under the weather. There seems to be a lot of that going around. Hopefully Hagrid will make you feel better.Just watch out for his rock cakes :)